06-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #340
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
I just love the notion that we can't afford the illustrious 135i. The 911 Turbo is certainly more expensive and faster than the GT3 in a straight line, yet the people who chose the GT3 aren't doing so for cheapness.

Some of us are more than willing to be slower in a straight line(the most talentless/dull form of speed) for a car that is 230+ lbs lighter and won't break down nearly as often.

Doing it myself with some local buddies/brother who are rather talented in this area.
First of all. Its NY-C6. I live in NY and own a Corvette C6. And display a pic of my cars underneath. How exactly is 'Stig' connected to you personally in any possible way?

"Doing it with my rather talented buddies and brother". Doing what?

The difference in weight between the 128/135 coupe is 121lbs not your imaginary, grossly inflated 230+.

The 128 doesnt perform as well in a straight line, doesnt do the skid pad any faster or slalom at higher speed or is any quicker on a track(given equal drivers) and doesnt brake as well as the 135 with its large Brembos. So where exactly does the 128 excel? Other than nominal increased mileage and lower buy in price that is. I dont know of one performane parameter where it tops the turbo cars. Comparing the 128 to a GT3 to make an irrational point is just nucking futs.

My 2010 135 has been trouble free in 2 1/2 years of ownership.
I said many times before, I like the 128 but some of you guys throw out a bunch of fantasy BS I gotta call you on it.
Appreciate 0