View Single Post
      10-13-2017, 03:50 PM   #48
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA135i View Post
Hello Greg or Zach, I have bought many products from your site recently and over the years. I just bought Blackfire interior protectant. It is the best interior product I have used. Leaves a nice low gloss sheen.

My question is how would I go about cleaning the headliner in my car? The sunroof shade is dirty (my car is nine years old) and I thought about cleaning that... but if I did, the rest of the headliner would look dirty. Maybe a professional shop would use a steam clean system to do a proper job. Not sure how to tackle this. thanks
In Chad's article "The Many Uses for Meguiars D101 APC (All Purpose Cleaner)" he touches briefly on the topic of cleaning headliners...

"For cleaning of cloth headliners I suggest misting the APC directly onto your towel and gently wiping the soiled areas. You want to avoid getting the headliner material too wet as it can affect the adhesive used to adhere the cloth material. Vinyl headliners can safely be cleaned using the same method as other vinyl surfaces."

As he mentioned, the important thing to remember is you do not want to over saturate the cloth headliner as it may affect the adhesive that has attached the cloth to the body. This method can be applied with any cloth/fabric/all purpose type cleaners.

Hope that helps!

Zach McGovern
DI Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
Appreciate 0