04-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #40
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonet View Post
20%? very nice. In for actual race results if they ever happen. I'm curious where the capacity diminishes and where you need to switch up to full ducts.
Well ill be at the track this weekend 4/14.... so ill have some data then .. I need to record my base line local though.... i cant be switch the plates between sessions.. i just dont have that kinda time.

Ill do what i can as stated before locally..

But you also bring up a good question....... What is too much heat???? or enough cooling ???

Nothing we do with our street cars is going to stop heat build up during hard braking after a long straight, although slowing to 60 ish + for a corner is still 60mph wind but not nearly as much as when we get back up to speed on the straight, as we rely on high air flow to cool the brakes... so all of these mods are "designed" to as quickly funnel air over the brakes / rotor after a hard stop and then a hard acceleration and hopefully another straight.. its the straight that is going to cool off our brakes and make them less hot for the next hard braking corner... also a better constant flow will help lower the effect of heat sinking of the caliper / rotor pads...

so if we know that stock backing plate cars after a few hard stops reach rotor temps in the area of 600 degrees, ( these are street temps, not temps recorded after a 20 minute session) what would signify a decent drop in temp ????

Kori did you ever record temps when back at the pits after a session with your cut plates ??? I dont recall i did ....

Thoughts ????