View Single Post
      06-22-2008, 06:21 AM   #15
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Not all BMW dealers and there sales people are cast in the same mold.

I once thought it all came down to:-

1. Customer Service
2. Staff training
3.Product knowledge

Now as I progress in age, I have come to realise that it is HUNGER and HUNGER alone of the individual salesperson and not the dealer.

The best sales training can not improve a sales persons attitiude.
He or she has to be hungry to be succesful and succeed.

I walked into a BMW dealership to test drive the 335i convertible before I purchased the 135i vert and was told by the Sales person that the used cars were in the ajacent lot.
I took one look at the sales person and informed her that never at one point in the brief discussion that we had, did I discuss whether or not that the car was in my price range or affordability.
In her inexperience she just assumed..

This dealership is very successful and I purchased my first new BMW there 20 years ago.
I have purchased quite a few cars between this dealership and there sister dealership..I play one against the other..

I spoke with the GM on the same day and told him I was thinking of purchasing there, but now I will go to another dealer for the way I was treated by an inexperienced sales person.

Needless to say this Salesperson lost her job for this and other reasons that arose later.

I still purchased my 135i, just not from there.

You cant penalise a machine like the 135i cause of a pathetic dealership or salesperson.
Appreciate 0