08-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #18
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx1803 View Post
that 330d is totally badass. it looks so sweet. just one question. how come we cant get cloth seats in the USA.
Because some foolish marketing weenie thinks to maintain the 'status' of the brand they established here, it must have leather, since it is marketed as a 'premium' vehicle. Same thing with the silly sunroof which sucks 2-3" of headroom out of the car and makes many of the vehicles just uncomfortable and undesirable for those long in the torso. I'm sure there are people in say the desert SW, and even into any of the southern US states that find leather a pain in the hot summer. Not usually a big deal in Germany, but then, fabric is standard on most models there.

One dealer told me he had people complaining about "why should I pay extra for xxx?", it's standard on X! Not taking into consideration that if you DID add it, the relative costs were similar. Personally, I'm all for choices, and few manufacturers (at least in the US) give you many. Chalk it up to the unsophisticated buyer. Now, take a look at the option choices of vehicles IN Germany...while you can get packages which often save money should you want more than one item in it, in many cases, you can choose things almost on a line-by-line option; just like the old days of US car production (maybe I'm dating myself...?!).
Appreciate 0