View Single Post
      06-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDPNDT View Post
Definitely not expecting the same ride quality however I do want something "relatively" comfortable. This is not a track car and should by no means ride like one. I'm coming from an S2000 which drove on rails and I'd like to have some of that balance back.

Good to know about the koni/h&r setup.. thats been the reaction I've read a few times.

Not sure how 1" is excessive but I guess that's an opinion. Every spring out there with the exception of the BMW PS drops at least 1". Even so, I believe the BMW PS drops almost 1" from the non M-tech option, but only .39 with M-tech since it's already a little lower.

What about the Eibach Pro System? It's a shortened strut matched with a 1.2" dropped spring.

I'm not sure how everyones experience has been with it though.
not really much of an opinion. 1 inch is a lot of lost suspension travel. unless the shocks / struts are shortened to account for it, that is a very significant amount of travel lost, and will cause whatever shocks / struts you put in the car to operate in a range at which they are not designed to operate in. not to mention not being accurately valved for the specific spring rates that you will be using with aftermarket springs

bmw performance and dinan both use springs that drop about half an inch or less.

eibach and hr are well over an inch