View Single Post
      01-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #32
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
I don't work directly for Ohlins. I'm just working with them on this project. I'm actually just an IT security tech nerd who works for AT&T. Buuuut, I also motorcycle race and exclusively use Ohlins suspensions. I've have a good working relationship with the guys in Hendersonville for a while now, and I try to make it up there for a face-to-face visit every year or two (it's easy since I'm in Charlotte).

To answer your last question, Ohlins is planning on using the development work to release suspension setups for the 1M across all of their lines; that includes TTX as well (but that suspension is NOT recommended for the street). The longer I let them use the car on the shake rig, the more data they'll be able to collect. That will help them tune in each suspension setup, and dial them in specifically for each of the popular tracks in the US (that's the goal). So if Joe Smoe says: "hey i'm going to Road American", or "Barber or "Laguna"...than the Ohlins guys will be able to tell them a good starting point, based on (and depending on) collected information from race teams (including some of the professional Indy teams).

I'm telling you...the shake rig setup they have is incredibly SICK! It can even simulate race lines at various tracks, and depending on that race line, different variations that may exist on the track (for instance track repairs, potholes/wear marks, weather conditions, etc). It's pretty cool stuff.
We happen to have customers after the TTX kits that is why I inquired on it. It may be just a matter of spring changes so the M3 kit will work just as well.
Appreciate 0