View Single Post
      07-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #19
LiQUiDiCE
Rep
Drives:

This is the UK brochure, if you goto www.bmw.co.uk you'll notice that all of the 3 series with Sport Package have the tag "M Sport Package", like the 335i M Sport Package. But we all know that there is still an M3. So there's still a possibility for an M1 although I'm not sure how much more power they could put into an M1, maybe it could just be lightened and have a better suspension for a marginal amount of money?

Very disappointed with the weight. I was hoping for 3000lbs, assuming it'd come in near 3200lbs.

My interest in this car was originally due to the size and weight plus the power of course, but now it sounds like the car will weigh only ~120 lbs less than the 335i.

If you compare the Unladen weight in kg from bmw.co.uk for the 335i and the Unladen weight in lbs from bmwusa.com for the 335i, they are very close. Actually the UK version is lighter! So my guess is that the weight won't be calculated much differently when they bring the 135i over here. I know someone was saying the Unladen weight includes 90% fuel and 75kg for the driver/cargo. Do most car manufacturers do this? If curb weight is normally calculated by other manufacturers with 0 fuel and no driver/cargo, the 135i would come in much lighter.

Guess I'll wait and see.
Appreciate 0