Neon01
BMW Nut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 X5 35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSlane View Post
Am I the only one with manual seats in a 2011 135i M-Sport?

I just haven't seen this combination anywhere else before.
As someone who was looking for a 135i for at least a month recently, I can tell you that way more 135i's than I would have expected do NOT have power seats.

I had BMWs manual seats on my stripper 2004 E46 M3 back in the day and couldn't stand them. Maybe it was just the different seat, but I could never get them dialed where I wanted them. Looking for a 135i that didn't have them eliminated close to half of my market.

Compare that to the 3 series, where almost ALL of them have power seats (premium package).

I found this to be true of a lot of options on the 135i, tbh. Comfort access, nav, and upgraded stereo were others that, again, I found tough to find on 135s, but are very common on 335s. I guess a lot of folks bought them pretty stripped on account of a more "drivers" car. Makes sense from that perspective.

With regard to those getting the M sport and not the premium, I'm not sure. The M sport package isn't that common in its own right, from my experience. Probably because it gives you less over the sport package (or at least, less noticeable features) than with the 3. Considering the sports package already gets you the M wheel, and the M sport package doesn't really affect the exterior hardly at all except the wheels - and those are a somewhat questionable improvement over the style 264s, IMO. The biggest attraction to the M sport package to me is really the headliner. I know it sounds trite, but I gotta have that "black" headliner.
Appreciate 0