FJUNO78
Captain
Rep
Drives: 25 to 2

Garage List
2010 135i  [0.00]
2007 e92 328I  [0.00]
My new 135i - 2 wks full report!

So after 2 weeks of ownership, I figured now would be a good time to give my impressions of the new ride.

I picked her up 2 weeks ago, from Paul Miller out in Wayne NJ. I worked with a saleswoman on the internet team, and got a good deal. Delivery was painless and the finance manager, did not try to sell any add - ons or spring any other b.s. on me.

Coming from a 2007 328i coupe, I am really enjoying the extra power. After only 600 miles, I feel pretty familiar with the car. For the most part, I am following the break-in guidelines, but it is a bit tough to do. On a couple of occasions, when getting lost in the moment, I toyed with 5500rpm.

The paddle shifters are really fun, and when in DS mode, shift quickly. I find the gear shifter easier to use when in manual mode, especially around turns and winding roads. For straight line acceleration, the paddle shifters are cool.

The cockpit seems simple, but more driver focused than my last car. Back seat is nearly useless, but I do not plan on using it much. Build quality feels just as good as the 328i, no rattles, squeaks, or wind noise some have complained about.

I really like the red coral leather. I acually think it feels better tham the dakota leather I had in my 3'er. I am digging the black headliner. I opted to keep my option list to a minimum this time around, but do not feel like I am missing anything.

The stock radio, like most have mentioned is nothing spectacular, but it gets the job done. The HD channels are a nice bonus, but certainly not worth paying extra for. The sun visors are flimsy, and the floor mats, (OEM cloth ones) are much thinner than the ones I had in my 3'er.

I washed her today, and applied a coat of NXT 2.0. Maybe after winter, I will set a weekend aside to wash, clay, and zaino. I am thinking about shadowline kidney grills, that too probably will get done in the spring.

Here are some pics, I know alot of people have White and Coral, but I figured I would share anyway. I also threw in a picture of my old car too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0