View Single Post
      08-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #28
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama View Post
If you like the sound stock, put an xpipe with HFC's and keep the stock rear for the ultimate in F1 sound with no drone or loudness at low rpms. Sounds stock until you step on it then its an absolute brutal raspy f1 screech. Very enjoyable.

You have to enjoy what each car is strong in.-

1M-you enjoy the low end torque, the small size

m3-you enjoy 7k-8400 rpms, enjoy the technological marlvel of DCT shifts and blips, enjoy the sound of the s65 and exhaust and enjoy the fact its a one-off engine for one car only-the specialness factor.

Ideally I would love to have both of these in my garage-would make a great combo.

Its just really hard for 1M owners to realize if you are in the wrong gear by even 1 gear, the power is gone. Its tough to get used to going 80mph and shifting to 3rd to blast into the peak powerband. A 1m would think that is craziness. But if you don't do that and take that into account, you really are wasting the time in the m3 as you will not be using any of its 414 HP in its prime powerband
Same here. Theres an amazing modified, full cage M3 by me with AA Super Charger and some crazy exhaust and the tone (dare I say) blows the exotics doors off!! (IMO ) A Truly amazing powerplant
Appreciate 0