View Single Post
      04-27-2016, 01:31 PM   #94
cpnbnanamn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
At first I just replaced my RFT's with non RFT Michelin PS3's. The car handled fine. There is a little bit less initial turn in response - like I posted. And after a few months.... yea... the rear axle felt like it was held in by rubber bands. This was really more noticeable bc of my SW stage II tune than bc of the tires. So I also upgraded to the M3/1M rear subframe bushings(RSB). I am happy with the way the car handles. Although next on my List of to-do's are new shocks and springs. Its really a deep rabbit hole. One thing(mod) turns into some other mod.

Really... getting rid of RFT's was the best thing I could do for the way the car drove. The tires felt like they were made out of rubber as opposed to the hard as rocks(and heavy as them!) stock RFT's.

Dackel's replacement of rear suspension OE bushings with M3 ones…
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...frame+bushings

Dackel
I finally decided to go with Michelin PSS's and did the Stoptech drilled and slotted rotors along with Street Performance pads. So far, I'm supremely happy. Wasn't aware of the need to change out the bushings for non-RFT's.
I also went and got the MyCarly app with BT connector, and made a few changes.. But yeah.. I'm bitten.. What mod to do next? I REALLY think I want to change out the headlights for projectors with angel eyes, and HID's, then worry about the tune, bushings, etc. It handles REALLY well now.. and SO much quieter!!