View Single Post
      12-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
2totalled2months
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Toyota 4Runner 4x4

Funny Homer Simpson Moment

Ok, so I wanted to hardwire my radar detector, read all the threads, gave it plenty of thought and decided to mount it low, mid windshield, run wire in the huge dash gap by windshield, down right side and into fuse box, wired in with add a circuit, how easy right? Yes it was,, way too easy! Ten minutes due to the help of my 8 dollar long nose pliers to pull and place fuse. Looked clean, start up the detector turns on a few settings and Im done. Sitting in the house bragging to my buddy, 328 owner, and my dog become a pain, he is hungry. No problem I have food in my trunk. I go to pop my trunk and nothing, remote or button. HMM, I must have done something wrong, right? So off goes the glove box, pulling fuses, all working, looking at 1addicts, searching for similar problems, only to find the gut that removed his trunk mounted battery and then closed the trunk,,,haha we thought, how dumb right? So we re wire it a few times and figure out it wasn't the hardwire install,,no problem my bro says, take it to the dealer, its under warranty. Boom, light goes off, fireworks in my head,,,dealer,,,dealer,valet switch,,,um,,,yeah, so I go in the glove, switch the trunk lock out switch and shazam!!! Trunk works!!!!! Imagine that, an hour worth of second guessing and re-installing and it turns out I hit the trunk lockout while doing the install,,,Whos the dumbass,,,me!! Funny though now that I look back!! Feel free to post an other Homer Simpson stories, I cant be the only one, maybe I am????
Appreciate 0