View Single Post
      11-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
OneM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

Redline ATF for Manual Transmission

After my run-in period, I changed the transmission fluid to the recommended BMW MTF LT-5. Didn't make much of a difference as the gearbox was still notchy, especially going into 2nd gear.

As the BMW LT-5 isn't a synthetic oil I researched other BMW forums that recommended the use of Redline's synthetic transmission oil. On Redline's website itself, their application guide for our 1M's recommends the use of their 'D6 ATF'. And I know ATF stands for 'automatic transmission fluid' but on the rear of the bottle it does say for manual transmissions too.

So I gave it a shot. My my.. and I ain't exaggerating when I say this, its pretty much night and day difference. Mostly after after a couple of days usage. Not only is it smooth going into gears the vehicle's performance and mileage improves due to its lower resistance. And that's something you can feel.. the lower resistance and smoother acceleration.

Now I know there'll be skeptics out there which is fine. I'm here just sharing my personal experience and I believe that's what forums were created for. So for those who only stick to OEM fluids that's perfectly fine too. For others willing to give it a try, I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprise by this synthetic oil.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf red-line-30704.jpg 500×500 pixels.pdf (31.9 KB, 1065 views)
File Type: pdf Red Line Oil Application Search.pdf (115.5 KB, 978 views)

Last edited by OneM; 11-02-2012 at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 1