Thread: Another Newbie
View Single Post
      07-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #1
Maddog06
Rep
Drives: 04' wrx

Another Newbie

Hey Ladies & Gents,

Just another newbie to the forums so I thought I'd jump on and take the moment to say hi & introduce myself. I have been lurking around here for a few months now. Currently driving a WRX here in Perth, but looking to make the transition from Japanese to Bavarian very soon! Lease on my current vehicle ends sometime in August, and my eyes are already set on purchasing a 2nd hand 2009 135i around Aug/Sept. I am very eager to learn the art of RWD cars and I only seem to hear great things about this German pocket rocket!

I think I am pretty confident (fussy?) in what I want when it comes to the 135i, what are your thoughts?

Colour combos in mind are:

Black with Coral Red interior or Blue with Beige interior or White with Coral Red interior (ever since I set my eye's on that coral red interior, I seem to have fallen in love!)

As for the rest of the features I would definitely want a 1er with:
- DIY Gearbox (did think about the paddles, but knowing me, if I got the paddles, I would regret not getting a manual)
- Electric Glass Roof (Rather this, than a ragtop imo)
- Sat Nav with bluetooth/iphone integration (guess this is where my geeky gadget side kicks in) (I hear the iDrive on the 2009 model is more user friendly than previous models?)

Looking on Carsales it seems there is definitely more choice of cars over east, so I would probably be looking into either purchasing over there and either taking time off work to experience the drive from East coast to West coast, or transporting it back to Perth (I read on here CEVA are the ones to check out?)

I will be looking for a 135i between $50-$60k. What sort of issues should I be aware of? I hear a few comments being thrown around in regards to the HPFP? Is there anything I should be "prepared" for? For $50-$60k what sort of mileage should I expect a car to have done? Some people recommend redbook to get an idea, but that is never an accurate measure of the current sales market. I have also found that price on Carsales can also vary a bit, hence why I am asking you trustworthy 1addicts!

I'm sure I'll ask plenty more as time goes on, and as I being to further my knowledge on these beautiful machines!

M.
Appreciate 0