12-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #49
Ginger_Extract
California-bound
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
In regards to rear camber, what arms are y'all running? I need more than 1.6* so so so bad. It was embarrassing comparing my exit speeds with a similar power/weight m3 with more rear camber. Thanks for the tip @berns - in regards to the front I just notched mine about 3mm and am happy with -3.2 up front. Less understeer and roll over and my tires are wearing better too.

One thing that may be helping @berns crush it is his LSD, helicals are pretty suboptimal for heat, high power cars like ours and I think he's running a custom clutch plate diff if I'm not mistaken.

FYI - checked times and my time was a 2:01.01 Sunday at Buttonwillow.

RSRR tires
255/265 staggered
40* temps
Rear suspension arms are stock, and my car isn't that low. Is something bent on your car? I was able to hit -3 camber out back when I played around the rear adjustment. However, I didn't try to set the toe at that -3 mark, so unsure if the factory arms have enough adjustment at that point. At -2 I had tons of toe adjustment to get things wherever I wanted them.

Disagree on the diff. It's a helical gear, it doesn't care about temperatures, it's not like a viscous-coupling diff. It's not as tight on lock-up as a clutch-type diff, but miles ahead of the stock e-diff. I had no problems leaving two deep, black rubbery lines around a few corners to celebrate after my 1:52 lap at Autoclub.

We're all at right around the 2:00 mark around Buttonwillow with similar setups. The race is on the to see who sub-2's first.
Streets of Willow: 1:27.7 CW 11/15/15; 1:29.5 CCW 8/15/15 |||| Autoclub Speedway ROVAL (CCW): 1.52.6 - 12/2/17
Willow Springs - Big Willow (CW): 1:35.8 - 3/31/18 |||| Buttonwillow #13 (CW): 1:59.3 1/27/18
https://www.facebook.com/JakeStumphRacing |||| http://www.youtube.com/user/RaceMeMZ3
Appreciate 0