View Single Post
      07-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #278
BiscottiGelato
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135i M Sport 6MT

I searched for Porsche Brake Duct/Brake Spoiler, and there's so many result. Seems to be the standard issue for them. I searched for BMW Brake Duct and it's all those with complicated piping and requires cutting your bumper apart... BMW Brake spoiler had no relevant results what so ever at all.

I read an article from one of those car mag talking about the 370Z Brembos, similar to the 135i ones I guess? They talk about great braking power... until it falls off a cliff and doesn't stop the car at all, to the point it's dangerous. Bigger brakes, better pads allows more braking performance, but does nothing to stop heat build up. I think cooling the brake is the best way to prevent cooking your piston/caliper/pad, etc. Even if you add a shim between the pad and the caliper, it does nothing to prevent your braking power to fall down cliff.

Hence I don't get why there's all these calls for upgrading brakes/pads, etc for the track. Shouldn't brake cooling be the first mod above all else? Yet there seems to be so few solutions for our BMWs on this...
Appreciate 0