View Single Post
      06-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #68
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon K View Post
Well, that's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it, but every single reviewer of the 1 series I have read - and I have read virtually everything in English out there - would disagree. "Only suitable for pets and young children" "for the limbless" "emergencies only" etc.

You keep repeating this but provide NO evidence (in the form of quotes etc.) to back up this claim. The quote I saw on this forum and elsewhere from a BMW US exec made it clear that they were trying to return to the performance parameters of the earlier models you mention (agility, lower weight, smaller size), but there was no mention made of emulating the look of these earlier models.
Well, reading is one thing, actually sitting in the car is another. I recommend trying the latter before setting your opinion in stone .

As for the direction they are taking with this car styling wise, well, there are PLENTY of statements from some insiders we have here and on GCZ making that connection. I don't particularly feel like spending my saturday searching for them, but if you still don't believe me, it shouldn't be hard for you to find them. But really, is it that hard for you to see how this car might compare, to say, an E30 3 series?
Appreciate 0