03-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #23
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
Who said they were forged? Do you think the price might have given that away? I simply said they are stronger then straight cast, oh and that's what the manufacturing process is called. What I'm countering is your lame assertion that the reason his wheels bent was because they were not "8000 ton forged" . Plenty of people here will tell you that Arc-8's and foregestars stand up to plenty of abuse.

Before you start making assertions about a wheel not being well made perhaps you should educate yourself, or at least provide the evidence or experience you have to back it up. But I doubt you'll do that seeing as you come across like a fan boy anyways.

And where did you get 19" from? My forgestars are 18" 8.5 et 45 and 9.5 et56. Now my 2 piece modular forged wheels are 19".
Forgestar wheels are forged wheels. They cast a blank, then flow form/rotary forge the wheel to shape. I would not group them with "cast wheels", that are cast to shape and then never forged, and should have higher strength than cast only wheels.

http://www.forgestar.com/v2/technology.php

Last edited by Iron Man; 03-04-2013 at 10:22 PM..
Appreciate 0