View Single Post
      02-22-2009, 03:46 PM   #9
Sprey
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Thanks for the feedback folks - And I'll post that screw up for sale on the 'For Sale' thread! For the right price, it may come with a RFT attached.

I did a quick check of the pressures this morning and discovered something I wasn't expecting.

When I measured it yesterday, I was using a new Tyre Pressure gauge which I wasn't as intimate with and I didn't realise what I was reading. It measured 47.5psi at mid day, prior to any drive. This morning, cooler and parked overnight, I did the same today and it was 46.5psi.

Realising and reading (and absorbing) the first digit correctly today, that is, it's in the 40 psi range as opposed to 30's, I measured the other wheels real quick. The other rear (right) was 36 psi and my front (right) was 32 psi. I couldn't get to the front left.

Has my dealer stuffed up the pre-delivery?

Anyway, not sure if I am losing 1psi a day or if the difference is just because of lower ambient temperature this morning. I do have to believe the soap test so I hope to find a good tyre shop to hopefully repair/plug it.

I am annoyed with the dealer however! I did think the rear tended to hop over corrugations under power but thought that was just the way 18's and 35 series tyres were.
Appreciate 0