flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerEnthusiast99 View Post
Hey all! Good thread. Love my wife's 128, my favorite of the three bimmers we own currently.

I do however find the stock brake setup, a tad on the weak side. Was thinking about going with the BMW Perf Brake kit, but wanted to hear some opinions.

Are these progessive enough to be feasible for normal daily driving or are they mainly for tracking your car? i.e., would they simply put you through the windshield every time you tap the brake in normal street driving scenarios? Any maintenance problems associated from using them?

My problem with the stock setup is that they start to fade a bit when driving pretty hard in fast moving, fast stopping traffic, and would like a setup that will save my bacon when the jackass in front of me slams on his breaks because he didn't see the guy in front of him at a dead stop. Have had a few too many close calls in similar situations---and barely got the 1er stopped in time.

Any pros/cons would help.

Let me know your thoughts---much appreciated!
Long story short, they would be a waste of money.

BMW performance brake kit is not a BBK in any sense of the word. They are merely a gold window dressing. If you are having fade, I would upgrade to a more aggressive pad than the car has and take it from there. If you continue to experience fade on the street, spend the money you have saved not wasting it on the BMW PBK and get a proper Brembo or StopTech kit.

As a side note, what tires are you running?
Bmwp brakes are still 6pot up front, exactly what the 135 gets, so you would certainly find more force applied

Brembo an stoptech are too exxy though, brembo being about 7k) stoptech being about 5.5k - remembering the bmwp kit is brembo made.

Ima try out ksport myself,
Appreciate 0