12-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #89
SchlauCow
Rep
Drives: Honda M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
DEPO’s and SONAR headlights at Essen…

Hi Guys,

Ok, as promised I went to the Essen Motor Show and found the two options for headlights for you 128i guys. Here are my photos. The vender had the DEPO’s all wrapped up… so not much I could do about that. I was kind of surprised that the prices were kind of high. AD Tuning near me had better prices. There were three venders at the show selling these lamps. Only two of them had lights to show me! There are my best photos of them.

There are two choices when it comes to aftermarket headlights: DEPO’s which look OE and SONAR. With both you have a choise of black or silver/chrome reflectors/inserts. I like the chrome versions… so that’s what I took photos of. And besides… everyone has seen the black versions here before.

Enjoy,
Dackel

SONAR’s…

Dack,

When you looked at these, could you tell if one was able to open up the back compartment easily to install an HID system?

Could you tell whether or not one could replace the AE bulb to something more powerful?

I wish I could get a first hand look at these; I'd tinker with them to see if I could give halogen users a more viable and comfortable alternative.
Appreciate 0