M3 Piotr
Lieutenant Colonel
Poland
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Frozen Black F87 M2 LBB

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
So we all know the 1M was only made available in one of three factory colors (AW, BSM, and VO). And we also know that BMW did make a "few" cars for some connected Individual's. That Bronze 1M in Singapore comes to mind. BMW has also hinted they might have made only a handful of other colors - no word on what colors though. Then we all have seen PowerBeast 's lovely Dakar Yellow 1M. Not sure IF that was done by BMW or not.

Now today we see BMW has made two other colors. A Frozen Blue and a Frozen VO. Take a look. I wonder what other colors we will see down the road that BMW "did not make" but really made.

Dackel

Attachment 696467

Attachment 696468

Attachment 696469

Attachment 696470

Attachment 696471

The 2012 BMW M Festival Experience, via M Flight Members
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695631

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Piotr
This is what I call a Frozen section....There were Frozen Black, Matte Black (yes BMW actually makes matte black as seen on the M3 DTM race car), Frozen Blue, Frozen Grey, Frozen Silver (SSII based), Frozen Polar Silver (M3 CRTs), and the most interesting Frozen Valencia Orange. This particular 1M was stripped of the clear coat and had Frozen OEM clear coat applied over the paint. It looked very nice and the job was perfect. As far as the Frozen Black and Matte Black there is quite a difference between the two. Frozen Black is very smooth and slick to the touch and has a low-lustre shine where as Matte Black paint is very porous and no shine at all. E92 M3 with BMW BANK stickers is Matte Black and F10 M5 or E90 M3 is Frozen Black for comparison.

The CRT parked next to the GTS belongs to the same guy/family from Australia, who keeps them in Germany so they can enjoy them here.

The other picture with two M3 CRTs (1 and 2 of 67) and F10 M5 in Frozen Silver parked between them were given to press for test rides, and then will be sold later.

Here is that bronze 1M from SG. It was reported the owner paid something like four or five times the price of a standard Individual price for paint! 25K euros!?

And lets not forget PowerBeast 's awesome Dakar Yellow 1M...
Attachment 696526
The Frozen VO was done by a private shop. I talked to BMW Individual marketing Head of Sales in Europe who was present at the M Festival and said that BMW actually wants to know which shop painted this car with Frozen clear coat because the job was superior. He talked to the owner of this particular 1M and was told that the clear coat was sanded off just to the base coat and then frozen clear coat was applied over.

Follow me on Insta: M3Piotr
Appreciate 0