Space Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I think the best bang for the buck would be to install all the 1M's alloy control arms and links and rear subframe bushings into a 135i. That will give you a nice handling car. There is even that interesting TRW thread that found out TRW makes all the ///M control arms for dirt cheap prices.
Yeah, that's what I was referring to when I said "M3" control arms. Might as well save a couple hundred bucks. It might also be worth trying the Powerflex inserts instead of the real M3 rear subframe bushings, since that'll mean that I can probably do the job in my garage instead of going to a real shop... but I haven't seen any real reviews of that, so we'll see.

I don't have any experience, but from reading, it seems like that combination of mods might get us a car that feels pretty close to a "proper" ///M car, except with more power and a tunable suspension. I already have most of it, except for M3 suspension bits and the widebody kit, which are probably my next two steps (already have rolled fenders, so I'm on the wider side as it is)... but I wonder how many other people might want to consider going down the same pathway.
Mods completed: JB4+ & FBO || LSD || BMW-P suspension + F/R sway bars || 18" Breyton GTS-R || M3 front bushings || Vogtland camber plates || BMW-P rotors + Stoptech pads |||| Acquired, not installed: BMS WW Meth kit || Logic HVI intake || Mishimoto OCC |||| Shopping for: Summer tires
Appreciate 0