View Single Post
      07-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Freon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Confirmed, 255/35/18 and 275/35/18 PSS on ARC-8

Welp, blew a runflat that I was running on while I capitulated on getting my coilovers and fat PSS tires installed. Big pothole ended up introducing a cut somewhere below the sidewall on the side of the front left, won't hold a pound of air. Give the runflat credit for getting me home (~10 miles) on zero pressure from where it occurred.

Setup is 255/35/18 front and 275/35/18 rear on a factory suspension 135i with Apex ARC-8 (18x8.5 +45, 18x9.5 +62, the non-M 1 series fit set).

I took a quick drive up and down the road with no immediate issues. I then removed the front alignment pins and pushed the strut tops in (seems they are slotted from the factory, got 3-4mm of movement, maybe 0.5 degrees of extra camber if I'm lucky?). Been running it for a few days without any rubbing. I haven't really thrown the car around corners super hard yet, though. I expected a lot of immediate rubbing issues, but nothing so far.

Fit is EXTREMELY close on the inside. Front inside the tire is damn near touching the strut. I might be able to slide 2 pieces of printer paper in there. On the rear, the inner front of the tire touches the fender liner when the car is lifted. Still very close when the car is dropped, again, maybe a few pieces of printer paper could slip in there.

Final setup will be Eibach MultiPro R2 coilovers with Vorschlag camber plates, but found out I ordered the wrong thread pitch for the topnuts after getting the entire front suspension apart. I am worried the extra thickness of the perch threads over the body of the strut on the coilvers will touch the tire, so I'm considering ordering some 3mm spacers along with my correct topnuts. I'll report back in a few weeks on that, along with any rubbing marks I find.

I'll post pictures later. Big thanks to the folks at Apex Wheels for making such a great set of wheels to maximize tire fitment on this car.

Haven't driven it hard enough yet, but so far the PSS tires seem decent. Previous summer/autocross setup was 235/40/18, 265/35/18 Dunlop Z1.