11-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #237
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT View Post
Will I need to get new bolts for the rear wheels to accomodate the 20mm spacers or are the original bolts long enough?
I thought this was a helpful article: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-wh...yclopedia.aspx

Wheel Bolts
Remember that every wheel spacer needs a longer wheel bolt or stud. It's amazing how many bolts we sell without spacers so this fact is getting lost on a lot of people (or their supplier is leaving out critical information). The correct length wheel bolt is your stock bolt + the thickness of your spacer. As a general rule, we consider the stock BMW length bolt to be 25mm as measured from the base of the cone seat to the tip, including all threads and shank. So a 10mm spacer will require a 35mm wheel bolt. However, we have seen a range of stock BMW bolt sizes from 25 to 28mm. A bolt that is too long will interfere with other parts inside the hub (ABS sensors, parking brake mechanism, etc). Existing wheel bolt offerings may vary by 2-3mm but you can trust us that we have extensively researched, sold, used, and tested the fitments on all of the spacers and bolts that we sell. If a situation comes up where an unusual application is needed, we have many sizes to offer.

Turner sells the longer lug bolts (here). You just select the bolt based on the width of the spacer you're using. However, since you're in Sweden, you may be able to find a local option that will be faster and less expensive because of shipping. In this case I would assume the stock bolt is 25mm long (as noted above), so you should get a 45mm lug bolt for use with your 20mm spacer. That's 45mm, as measured from the base of the cone seat to the tip, including all threads and shank.

(This is a long way of saying the same thing as what Advevo said - 2cm longer than the stock lug bolts.)

According to RealOEM.com, the stock lug bolt for the 270 wheels is part number 36136781150. This is also the same part number for the lug bolts for the OE wheels (style 359), not surprisingly.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...14&hg=36&fg=15
Appreciate 0