04-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #47
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
I think the most disturbing thing about your findings Alex was the fact that while the rotor and hub were cooler...the caliper was still the same temp. That's to me the biggest issue. Keeping that cool so the fluid doesn't boil in there and pads don't fall apart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
I'm thinking that with the titanium shims and newish pads, maybe his pads and rotors didn't get hot enough to affect the calipers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
Gary if there was a notable difference in rotor temp then the calipers will also get hot and there should be a difference there if the scoops are working.
Good Thought..

although the calipers were the same.. they were 210 /215 if i recall correctly.. this was taken simply on the outside facing surface of the caliper.

It very well may be true that the shims and new pads help insulate.. But thats a good thing also isnt it ??

"the stock plate side had a temp of 290 ish, the side with the F30 plate had a temps of 250 ish " .

( This was from prior post )

so if the caliper is at 215 welll then something good is happening ... remember this was at an impromt temp test after a longish ride to pull over.. the effectiveness of the plates could have passed at that speed / time and the calipers just cooled to the lowest temp they were gonna get too for the situiation ????