View Single Post
      02-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #8
vladr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

You can get the letters there... It's actually really easy. You can't see it too well but the back wheels have the BMW letters still showing. All you gotta do is, before you start ( after you clean the calipers) get masking tape and an exacto knife and cut the shape of each letter into the tape. Then peel the excess tape off. Then paint over everything. After everything is dry, just get the remaining masking tape off of the letters which should be unpainted.... I tried a different method on the front (I did the front wheels first) and the other method didn't work so I just painted over the letters. I didn't think to do the masking tape/exacto knife thing till I did the back wheels. But in any case I'm just going to print BMW letters out and cut stencils of them out and paint white over the red. It's gonna look nice and I can post pics if you want.

As far as cost. I don't remember because I had a sh**load of red caliper paint left over from my civic si and just used that....did like 3 coats each caliper. I didn't even bother sanding down the original paint from the factory, although if you have the time and the patience I would go ahead and sand down the original paint to the bare metal and then paint like 4-5 coats on each caliper...I did that with my si and it lasted like 3years...I dint know how long these will last after my half assed effort lol. Can of paint and brush costs like 20-25 bucks online...or at most auto stores...

Let me know if you have any more questions bro

~V
Appreciate 0