View Single Post
      07-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #40
NickR1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 Yamaha R1

well i have yet to get a 1er so out of my three previous vehicles (1994 Saturn POS, 1999 Trans Am, & 2007 GMC Sierra) my 1999 Pontiac Trans Am was definitely the best (unless you consider my R1, but that's a mc not a car).

i learned soooo much modding the piss outta my trans am. i started with all bolt-ons: full exhaust, headers, intake, suspension, etc. then did camshaft, springs, pushrods, oil pump, timing chains, etc. all by myself in my own garage.
Then i swapped out the old 4spd Auto for a 6spd manual again BY MYSELF in my garage with minimal tools and a jack and jackstands!!!!
then i pulled the tranny out about 5,000 miles later, ripped it apart, beefed it up, re-built it and put it back by myself!
it was one hell of an amazing learning experience being able to tear that thing apart whenever i wanted.

all-in-all i dynoed it at 414hp/442tq before i sold it last year. was far from luxury though. it was loud as hell, had the most aggressive cam lope that you could imagine and the exhaust smell would engulf your clothes if you rode w/ the windows down.

i got my truck cause my parents paid for part of it so they could use it to haul stuff instead of having to use their X5 or Denali. i hate my truck in that its heavy, burns gas like a mofo and handles like crap. its actually a nice vehicle, just not for me.

but that leads me to my desire for a 135. i want a nimble, classy little coupe that has performance, amazing interior, comfort, enough space to fit one bicycle inside(with seats folded down), and of course looks great.
after my dad bought a 2009 X5, i fell in love with the interior, especially the iDrive system. that's how i came across the 1ers.

to be honest, i have never once seen a 1-series BMW in person!!!!! after exploring them a few months ago i started looking for them on the road and STILL have yet to see a single one! and i live in Dallas, TX, you'd think i'd see at least one!
Appreciate 0