04-29-2019, 10:56 PM   #5
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by accomotors View Post
Hey vtl, appreciate your support. I will have to set aside some time to check the thread out, but it seems there are several things going on in the background that could be slowing us down.
We have noticed several 'nanny functions' that the car has, most noticeably the inability to rev-match when braking hard and the trailing throttle/laggy reapplication. I have personally noticed that braking is inconsistent lap after lap, even on the same corners under the same circumstances.
We will be putting a new motor in (now that the current one is cactus), along with headers (if we can find some RHD-suitable ones), and then looking to have it tuned (because I imagine there is something to gain here). We were thinking at the same time of having the tuner disable all the silly things that are going on in the background (although I had no idea they were so numerous in their amount).
I will be posting up threads regarding each of these things, if I can't find any existing information using the 'search' function.

Driving my old 308-powered HQ touring car gave me a lot less computer intervention!
Yeah definitely disabling the nannies in the DSC system will help with the braking. This is done via BMW standard tools and not part of the engine tune. Can point you in the right direction if you need information with coding

Throttle issues will be part of the engine tune, these cars have ecu tables in them to artifically lag up the throttle to make the car feel less jerky, but it really dulls the throttle response. Hopefully your tuner has access to the OLS file for N52 to be able to zero these out.