Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
I find that the initial bite of the dt70's will kick it off sometimes...then i just ease off the pedal a bit and press back down. This is especially prevalent when tires are still cold and not as sticky, or when they've heated up and gotten greasy towards the end of a session. I'll kick off the abs usually like the first session of the day on the 1st couple laps as everything comes up to temp and I get used to the braking sweet spot.

You can ask Gary and a few others here...i brake way late and hard too haha I think most people that haven't really driven our cars would say that the abs is overly sensitive, but the reality is our calipers actually provide a ton of braking pressure the front rotors (more than the GTR's massive calipers) b/c of the large piston size. If they're used to really pressing hard on their cars, and then try the same technique on ours, I can see how they might easily engage the abs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
+1.. I think Focus said it.. just the first lap or two and maybe i felt it a bit when stuff was cold ...but other than that i think i got the threashold braking down to where im right at the edge..
I feel it come on allot, then ease of, but seems like mine comes on allot more than it should. Could be the tires, were wearing out at that point.

I'll keep a feel out for it this time around and see what I notice.