2totalled2months
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Toyota 4Runner 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
Thanks for posting!!

My car's going in Monday to have the rear links checked.

I'm not sure if it's the E-diff, or something with the rear suspension, but my car goes anything but straight in 1st and 2nd gear at WOT.

Other cars with open diffs that I've driven would simply light up the lesser loaded rear wheel. My cars with LSD's the rear would break loose predictably and were easily controlled with countersteering, but my 135 literally whips the back end out when the tires break loose (while going straight).

My race car came VERY close to superceding the laws of physics and I could control it even at WOT with both 13" wide Goodyear radial slicks lit up, and it was probably one of THE hardest cars to control in a slide. My 135 scares me.
Keep us posted about what they say, if anything. I have summer tires on my new one and its freezing here the last few days, rain too, so I haven't had the chance to see if this one does the same thing. My others did tho, mostly controllable, especially in straight line, but the stock ROF tires turn to Vaseline covered tires below 45 degrees
Appreciate 0