1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianstig View Post
I guess my concern is whether or not to upgrade my FMIC before I go out to the track next time (May 18-20 at VIR with PCA). I would be considering the cp-e intercooler with the additional oil cooler attachment

I want to know if I can avoid overheating while running a Cobb Stage 1 upgrade at the track with only other mods being a secondary cat delete and muffler delete (berk race exhaust, stock downpipes).

Optimally, I'd like to see how it does without the FMIC before spending $1000+ on a FMIC and install. At the same time, I don't want to have to use my stock tune all weekend after finding that after a few laps I would hit my first ever limp mode...have to show all the Porsches that 135is mean business!
I think you will be ok. I ran a stock FMIC at my first track event and was fine on stage 1 however I did have a full Berk exhaust. You can always flash it back to stock if you see the temp. raising. Check w/ Harold at HP, he recommend upgrading the radiator before the oil cooler. BMW makes smaller secondary unit along w/ a larger fan. You need wire in a bigger relay. I looked into that because I read about people over heating...I have had no issues so I am not too worried. Make sure you have had a recent oil change or check the level..I think you will be ok, like I said jk Id worry more about learning the lines vs the heat...if you're new there.

As far as FMIC, go w/ a big one that fits, and one you can get a deal on. I have a Spearco and there was some cutting involved, not so if you have a 335. Wasn't crazy but many 135 owners would shy away form it. Still, it's a great FMIC.

Report back, jealous you get to run at VIR, that's a sweet track! Enjoy!
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0