View Single Post
      03-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #79
OscarDeo
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Hi Gents,

This is my first post!

I was really surprised to find POWERBRAKE mentioned on this forum. I owned the company in South Africa called FORZA Racing, we specialized in Ferrari's and more importantly Ferrari Racing. We tied up with POWERBRAKE to develop a BBK kit for our F430 CHALLENGE clients. These cars came with the CCM brembo system and due to cost and reliabilty the CCM option was not viable.

In conjunction with Clive at POWERBRAKE we developed the 6 piston caliper and 350x35( I think) disc system. The results were MIND BLOWING!!!

The POWERBRAKE system out performed the Brembo CCM in all aspects but most importantly the cost saving was just astounding!!! The brakes had way better feel/feed back on the pedal. The stopper power was definitely up. We tested many pads including Hawk CARBOTEC and eventually we settled on ENDLESS PADS.

I know most people in the "civilized world" couldn't imagine a small company at the tip of Africa could develop a BBK that can compete with The likes of Brembo/AP/Alcon etc but I can say I have raced on all these brands and POWERBRAKE is as good if not better in certain aspects.

PS: I now work for BMW dealer as the SErvice Manager and I just bought myself a brand new 135 N55!
Appreciate 0