View Single Post
      11-07-2011, 09:06 PM   #7
Vyk
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 128i Coupe, on order

I have to agree on your assessment of the G37. In comparison to the 128i and Genesis Coupe I drove, it felt enormous, soft, and heavy. It was still quite a capable car, and it'd eat the 128i alive if you were wringing it out, but with an engine optimized for horsepower rather than low-end torque, it didn't have any more "grunt" than the 128i if you put your foot down in town. Most amusing of all, though, the 128i (by far the smallest of the three) was the only one where I could sit in the rear without my head touching the headliner! (I'm 5'10".) I don't expect I'll ever have somebody sit in the back of my car, but with the 128i, at least I don't feel like I'd be doing them a favor if I made them walk instead. Basically, I felt the G37 would be the better car for highway trips (other than fuel consumption) but the worse car for around-town driving. At around 3 weeks of trips a year and 49 weeks of city driving a year, it was a no-brainer for me. (Probably for you too, if you're reading 1addicts instead of a G forum. )
Appreciate 0