Thread: People suck
View Single Post
      01-17-2018, 10:26 PM   #22
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

It's hard to know why anyone vandalizes a specific car, and guesses later based on biases are unlikely to be true. Most people don't do this sort of thing, regardless of how much they may dislike what it is you have on your bumper, stickers on the windows, etc.

My STi that got vandalized several years ago had it's wing removed before I took delivery of it, since I couldn't stand it and did not want to drag race every testosterone-laden teenager I encountered while driving. It looked for all the world like a brand new Impreza (which is to say UGLY), but with some STi badging if you looked for it. I'm 99.9% of who vandalized it, because I saw them eyeing it when I left the car to go into the Home Depot, and I was back out at the car in 15 or 20 minutes which didn't leave time for a lot of other people in this deserted parking lot to attack my car. They were of a particular minority ethnic group which I will not name. I guess I could draw all sorts of caricatures and ethnic slurs out of this experience, however I think it has more to do with their being pathetic creatures who were envious of this car, and chose to take out their envy in that manner. That doesn't make the rest of the people sharing their ethnicity similarly horrid.

Calling all of the supporters of this or that political candidate racist, for which you have zero proof, and assuming that was was done was based on that sort of animus, is similarly small-minded thinking.