BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
Hey Gents,

here are the time slips from our first meet at WSID.

As you can see the ET's suffered as a result of the 60' times.

However as most of you will know, the trap speed is what indicates the true potential of the vehicle.

Whilst we are not finished by a long shot,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank all the guys involved in the ongoing "build".

Namely Peter and the boys at Advan Performance, once again for their superb workmanship and their exacting track preparation of the car.

Of course a big shout out to Adrian of Vishnu Tuning for both his expertise and his tireless enthusiasm, to ensure the N54 power plant performs to its potential.

Last but by no means least, kudos to Dale aka DMM, who was behind the wheel on the night.

He managed to pull off 3 consistent passes and ripped through the gears like a mad man.

FYI,

all 3 passes were on street tyres, on 19" wheels no less.

No race gas was used and we chose to err on the side of caution with regards the tune, given that it was its first "proper" outing at the Creek.

We will be returning on the 7th of September and if not then 14th, with considerably more fire power, in an effort to give you guys something to really talk about.

Cheers,

JD.
The more I look at these time slips something doesn't add up to me.

My 12.225@117mph pass has roughly the same 60ft short time but I cross the 1/8th faster than both these slips. Justins car is carrying more speed at this point though.

Michaels car is probably a better comparison because he has an LSD and he's getting a 1.8 short time and crossing the 1/8th much faster but carrying less speed too.

It seems Justins car is pulling really hard in the top end. I'm not sure if I put it down to being a manual or the driver shifting poorly or possibly spinning through 2nd but it does seem very unusual.

There is still plenty of potential but I'd like to know what went wrong. After looking at other slips on drag times it seems the most gain to be made is in the short time though. I'm looking forward to seeing more slips in the future as it seems like this car is good for at least a mid 11 with a good short time.
Appreciate 0