10-02-2017, 11:48 AM   #82
tjswarbrick
<(O0=[][]=0O)>
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 N55 E88

Quote:
Originally Posted by inevitab1e View Post
So what would be the culprit of problems going into first sometimes? Sitting at a light, trying to go into first, wall. Have to put into 2nd and back to 1st. Transmission fluid change would help?
Fairly normal, really.
I try to double-clutch into first while moving whenever I can. When I go to first from a standstill and it balks, back into 2nd or Reverse, then 1st, usually takes care of it. Certainly not specific to the 1.
Usually just slipping it to neutral, letting the clutch out, and depressing it again will align things and let you slide into 1st. But I find it just as quick to snick it into another gear real quick.

Has it gotten worse?

I replaced tranny oil with Redline ATF in my N55 6MT gearbox. It lightened things up a slight bit when warm, made it a little notchier when cold, and other than the first time when cold really had no noticeable effect on 1st gear engagement. (Made that worse, actually - not better. But only slightly.)

Last edited by tjswarbrick; 10-02-2017 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0