View Single Post
      12-15-2015, 06:13 AM   #3
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroom
Wow looking sweet! You will love the X5M..Have the 2012 and just bought it off our original lease..just an epic cruiser and road car!

Couple quick questions as I haven't heard of these.

What are the following and why did you elect to do them?

Stage 1 Polish/Paint Correction ( is this basically a wax?)

Full coat of C-Quartz ceramic coating of the entire 1M (including Xpel and Wheels)

Car is stunning!!!!
Thanks -

Stage 1 Polish/Paint Correction is just a v light abrasive polish that evens out the clear coat/removes imperfections. It's critical that if you're going to use a semi-permanent ceramic coating like CQuartz or OptiCoat (rather than just a wax) that you ensure that your paint is perfect before application. This package is a very common on new cars. It's not cheap- but it dramatically improves the quality/depth of the finish/paint.

Xpel is (the best) protective 'clear bra' on the market. It has a self healing clear coat (heals under UV light, like the sun) so it'll never really scratch. Importantly, it can also be waxed just like the rest of the car.

Motivation for both these expenses was preservation. I paid a collector car price and I want to make sure it looks/runs it's best and is protected.
Appreciate 0