Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LPCs

Garage List
1990 325i  [0.00]
Just came back from having the car coded by this guy
http://www.car-coding.de/

BLUF: worth every penny (euro). Strongly recommend having this done if your going to spend more than 12 months here.

1. Turned on traffic notifications on CIC navigation system. Now I get updates on stau und baustelle

2. Activated velocity in Kph on center display. No more squinting to see Kph dial.

3. Turned off tire pressure sensor system and activated european system based on wheel speed (older system prior to MY 06). Allows me to purchase winter tire and wheels from ATU with no worries.

4. Turned on traffic information or allows the user to turn on & off because it can be annoying.

5. changed the system to recognize an activation code for map updates. Should I desire to update my european maps (they are 4 years old) I can simply go to the dealer and buy the DVD enter the provided code and update the database.

6. Activated the Bluetooth function of the MULF high box. Now All I need is a cable & antenna (I have lost voice control until such time).

7. I now have 8 radio preset stations instead of 6.

8. Changed the radio to move up the dial at 0.1 increments. For those in Italy (Vicenza) or in areas where AFN is broadcasting on an even decimal this is nice.

In so much as one can be professional & organized in the Burger King parking lot Frank was thorough. He has a printed list of each customers needs and he double checked all settings prior to sending me on my way.

It is too bad BMW does not (this is what Frank told me) provide European map updates on North American spec vehicles. I would gladly paid Euro prices for map updates & traffic information.

Thanks
Bob

Last edited by smellthebeans; 02-11-2012 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0