View Single Post
      10-31-2010, 03:03 PM   #46
jojo135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09' BMW 135i

Everything I have read shows biggest power add after tune is meth, then kittyless downpipes, then intercooler, then exhaust. I have jb3 with newest firmware and just installed coolingmist methanol. I am putting my active autowerke kittyless dp's on in 2 weeks so I will let you know for sure but meth is absolutely awesome. I have stayed on map 5 progressively spraying starting at 8 psi and reaching max at 12psi and all I can say is holy crap! 2nd gear spins like 1st did on map 5! Also, it pulls in upper gears throughout the entire rpm range to redline.

I installed mine with an Evolution raceworks charge pipe and meth elbow. I had them put 3 bungs total so I can go up to 2 meth injectors and one nitrous later if I desire. I was hesitant to do this while under warranty but I wanted it too bad.

Btw- I will have the jb4 in next month when it comes out which will have the features and control of the v4 for half the price. Plus, I agree the firmware prior to the 7-4-10 update wasn't as smooth but that was corrected in july with new release. The jb is a good chip. IF you are in market now for chip, u can buy jb3 and get free upgrade to g4 when comes out.

I have read good things about the procede also but all this talk about how it is safer than the jb3 is not founded by facts. It is mostly marketing talk. What they point to as proof the jb3 is not safe is 2 guys who were pushing their cars beyond the limits. 20 psi on pump gas and no fail safe on. That is nieve at best. Plus, they really weren't driving jb3 chips because he took out the chip, removed soldered pieces from the board and soldered different pieces on so that he could bypass the built in safe guards of the chip and go to over 20 psi. The jb3 in out of box stock form would never have reached anywhere close and therefore would have prevented the incident. Also, the failsafe would have prevented if it was turned on. Jb3 is a good product and so is procede. They are both safe in stock form

Last edited by jojo135; 10-31-2010 at 03:08 PM..
Appreciate 0