View Single Post
      10-31-2010, 09:30 PM   #49
jojo135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09' BMW 135i

Smile

The dme controls timing. Tuner wars are started when people continually say something is safer ... i Just was presenting flip side of coin there are thousands of cars running juice boxes with no knock problems. The argument was better presented as just what u said above about timing control, not safety...safety is in the numbers...thousands of cars running without issue. The reason safety is brought up is because some individuals point to the guys melted ringland as caused by the jb3 and like I said in last post, it has nothing to do with that. It doesn't matter what tune u have if u run 20 psi on stock turbos and pump gas with and no meth failsafe. Those threads are where the "safety" argument was presented all the time and beaten like a dead horse.
To each is own. I think if one is concerned with safety so much, either get a flash where nothing is tricked or don't tune. Any time you increase output drastically, there is room for error. Dme is best suited to control the car. But again, everyone is different.
Lesson learned, If anyone wants to try running 20 psi on pump, and with all safeguards removed, please do it on the procede.

Just kidding. The truth is that the procede has some advantages. Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
^i agree with most of what you said. if you look at the facts, however, the procede v4 is MUCH safer than the jb3. here's a few cruicial concepts that back up that statement:

-the procede v4 uses cps offsetting to control and limit timing.
-procede v4 with autotuning adapts everyday to conditions. autotuning can reduce boost or timing should you get a bad tank of gas.
-procede v4 doesn't go active until the oil temperatures reach normal levels.

the jb3 offers none of those features. the g4 jb3 will have an autotuning feature that only controls boost. so no timing or knock control, just boost autotuning. on a turbocharged vehicle, knock and timing control are very important if you're running significantly higher boost than stock.

i don't really want to start a tuner war or flame jb3 users (i used to be one), but the procede v4 is definitely safer to run regardless of the power levels you're putting down.

Last edited by jojo135; 10-31-2010 at 09:40 PM..
Appreciate 0