View Single Post
      12-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #6
BerkTechnology
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod135 View Post
In terms of real world performance, how are the PFC brakes? Are they standing up to the beating on the track?

Also, my 135 runs double duty as my daily driver and track car, so will these have to perform well on the street as well as the track. Are the pad choices incredibly limited due to the unique 4 pads per caliper design? And if so, are the only compounds ones that would screech unbearably during my daily commute?

Any information about the performance you have experienced with the PFC kit or other input would greatly be appreciated. I plan on making my purchase later this winter and I just want to make sure I make the right decision.
They can make you a street pad, PFC makes great semi metallic street pads that you can use anything from a truck to a Ferrari. We run their PFC01 compound that is a race compound that I would not recommend for the street.

We had lots of problems with too much heat transfer to the fluid using a conventional piston/caliper. The PFC piston is also a unique design that keeps the actual piston further inside the body of the caliper to isolate it from heat. Their piston caps and rotors both use patented technology to shed heat.

We have tested this setup at one track event and their heat capacity was far superior to anything else we have used. We need to take it back to Spring Mountain in Parhump NV to do a true comparison with our old braking system and give you guys an empirical review using hard numbers.

If you have engineering questions specific to the kit I might be able to put you in touch with the engineer that designed the kit for the 135i.

This car uses the same caliper we use and have abused them for 3 years now (pistons are sized per application obviously).
Appreciate 0