View Single Post
      02-13-2014, 12:22 PM   #7
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavela View Post
What are you going to run for spring rates? I'm in the process of doing a similar build on my 135 to run in STU this year.
#400 front, #700 Rear. TC recommended 350 and 600 respectively, but his logic has always been softer rates. I'm basically at the borderline to keep DD status with these rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty3bags View Post
I'll be keeping an eye on this. I love watching build threads. Also, you stated that the engine is a N51 in the OP.

Why not get the Apex's with offsets to allow you to run 265's in the rear? Do you have to run a square setup?
The beauty of the N51, is that it has a 3-stage manifold from factory. Within STX you CANNOT do a manifold swap, so being able to tune the engine...I already have a good advantage over any other 128.

As well, we carry secondary cats, which means I can run catless headers and still use secondary cats to maintain rules.

To address, the offsets APEX offers for 1 series fitments come in 9.5" wide. Class limit is 9" wide wheels, thus my solution. Keeping square also allows for a neutral set-up. 17x8.5" wheels are actually the lightest wheel they make (for comparison the OEM wheel is around 25-26 lbs were as the APEX wheels are 17 lbs). It will be a massive difference on unsprung weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoki06 View Post
I'm glad to see a 128i being properly built. I'll be very interested to see how competitive the car is especially in TTD. I've thought about going that route with mine in several years from now.
TTD won't come for a couple years, but I'll be tracking it heavily with NASA so I'll get to compare my lap times with a TTD car for example.

Last edited by Kgolf31; 02-13-2014 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 0