View Single Post
      05-13-2011, 11:09 PM   #38
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1 View Post
No I'm not a ceo(whatever that has to do with anything,) and I'm well aware there's more to it than pushing a few buttons. But a company like cobb, that has years of experience, should have some general idea of where to begin when it comes to reverse engineering an ecu. Its not like its the first time they've done an ecu. And let me ask you, have you ever reverse engineered an ecu? How do you that a bmw's software is sooo far beyond that of any other manufacturer? Id say that most manufacturers now are relatively close in their ecu.let me be clear, not exactly the same, but close. They all use the same sensors and input data and use it in a similar way, correct? Thes not a reason for a 30% premium, maybe $50 or so. I'm not knocking the product, just the bmw tax they're imposing
I agree.

BTW, it's a 50% increase.
$600 for most others and $900 for BMW.

I can somewhat understand it for the GTR as that is a limited number of potential customers compared to 1 series owners.
It's amazing the GTR doesn't cost more if one factors in the time required to potential buyers of that software.
Appreciate 0