View Single Post
      05-07-2009, 03:08 AM   #4
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Been to Brisbane BMW for years too, and just recently moved to Coastline. Brisbane is always courteous and always try to do the right thing and will almost try to squeeze out of BMW Aust for warranty. My car was just out of warranty and they've managed to get BMW Aust to pay for half of the cost. I used to drive down from the Sunshine Coast to get it serviced by them.

Main gripe with them was despite focusing on customers, they fail to deliver on the technical aspect for me. My air condition was stuffed and I've tried to get them to fix it for over a 12 months period. They've cleaned it out, took it apart, done anything they could with it to no avail. They've only charged me half price most of the time and recommend that I should change the face plate (which is a $2k job!). I finally got so frustrated, jumped on the E46 forum and found that it is a known problem with the E46. There is even a service bulletin on the actual issue itself and it only involves a $100 part! So, what I did was ring up Coastline, tell them my problem without hinting I might not what was at fault. They've immediately told me the likely scenario that it is the transistor problem which is typical with the E46 air conditioning. $400 later, rather than $2k - after the compulsory diagnostic, and then labour, etc, it's fixed.

They don't wash their car as well as Brisbane (although Brisbane was slacking off with the cleaning towards the end), if I am getting my car serviced, I would want the people who know what they are doing. Brisbane have just anyone to provide the customer service part, Coastline have real Mechanics - that makes a huge difference IMO.
Appreciate 0