View Single Post
      06-28-2010, 11:01 AM   #12
135iCab
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i Cabrio

Garage List
Thanks for all the feedback. Some clarification...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
I am not 100% on this, but having the Quaife LSD might void your Dinan warranty.
I would use the Dinan LSD, but theirs is only for manuals and I have a step AT. I will discuss options with Dinan on Weds, but I doubt there is anything about the Quaife LSD that they could blame other failures on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMason View Post
With all these mods in mind, why not save the $$, and get the M series 1 model, which will have a great warranty.
Well, I am already feeling the addictive power of modding! And, there isn't an M1 yet, is there? Speculation I've read says that it'll be introduced in mid 2011 and it's not known yet what its make up will be. Unless I'm missing something? Anyway, I just bought my car new 6 months ago, so that isn't really an option right now. Maybe one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishace View Post
Dinan is nowhere near close the best bang for your buck. If you want the warranty that is not a problem but do not expect anywhere near close to the performance results of Procede or JB3.
I'm aware that there are many other options all providing greater performance per $. But, I've decided on Dinan, because of their warranty. I am helped in this decision by the fact my local BMW dealer is also the main Dinan dealer for the area. My 'bang for the buck' question relates to which of the post-software add-ons that I specified I should do first. Or if there's anything I didn't list and should do, or things on the list that I shouldn't do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo135 View Post
I wouldn't recommend stacking any tunes. The jb+ is not designed to go on top of Dinan. Just go to Terry's website and read his official marketing. I don't recall anything about designing to stack on Dinan.
Mike from N54 Tuning (Burger's Canadian distributor) told me that they do a special JB+ designed to go on top of the Dinan tune. I heard mention of it in other threads too. But, I will make good use of the Stage 2 software alone first. Only much later might I add the JB+ closer to the end of my warranty. He also recommended JB3, but my personal choice is go the Dinan route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
The High Performance Bushing kit is way more bang per buck than the strut tower brace.
Thanks. I read the bushings kit description on the Dinan website, but I don't really understand what benefit the kit will provide. Can someone mention how it'll help?
Appreciate 0