04-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #103
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
I cant look at the website right now, but about how long would it take to get into the city from that U-bahn stop?

I plan on doing some sight seeing of things I missed the last time I was in Munich on friday night and saturday.
Ten to fifteen minutes max. More like ten though. It is a very short U-bahn ride into the city. It all depends on what time of day bc sometimes the trains come every six to ten minutes. Other times every two minutes - like during rush hour.

Here is a U-Bahn map - it looks more complicated than it really is. The BMW Welt is at the "Olympic Center" stop on the "U3 line". Motel-One is in Garching the very last stop(on this map - I think the train now goes one or two more stops North now). Hotel One is on the "U6 Line". You simply change trains from the U6 to the U3 to go to the Welt. Or just go to Marienplatz to the city center market and shopping area.

Motel One is in Garching on the U6 (dark blue line). The Alianz Arena is in Frottmaning, on stop down. BMW Welt is at the Olympia Zentrum stop on the U3.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0