View Single Post
      04-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #15
MTribe
Private
Rep
Drives: 10 135, 06 Elise, 71 TR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
No. NXT2.0 is sealant that's simply labeled as "high tech wax." Not only is it not a wax, but that product's shortfall is its durability. You're better off sticking with your Zaino than switching to that particular product in the case of your specific needs. I like NXT2.0 as I think it's a solid over-the-counter solution for many people, but it will not give you what you're looking for in this case.

You need to use an actual carnauba wax. While normally I'd be one of the first to point out how bogus and irrelevant certain claims are when it comes to wax and how they're marketed, I would actually recommend you use something with a higher carnauba content. Carnauba is the hardest natural wax, and therefore has been used for its protective properties for a long time in different industries.
My personal recommendation would be Dodo Juice Banana Armor or Dodo Juice Orange Crush. All the Dodo Juice waxes (minus the new "Pro" versions which are wax/sealant hybrids) pack A LOT of carnauba protection. You could also give a shot at a well received product like P21S 100% Carnauba.
!
I know VentureShield is picky about what waxes/sealants to use with it. NXT is one of them. Do you know if carnauba is OK? Or the wax/sealant hybrids?
Appreciate 0