View Single Post
      03-05-2013, 01:38 AM   #11
JZWBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 135i

I will definitely be working on it, I have access to all the maps in the file, many more than what you get with a Cobb system and I hope to be able to get it to run well. We have had issues with the Saabs and E85 on cold starts when its cold, but I was able to tweak the start up ignition maps and start up enrichment maps to get it much better and they can make a solid 50whp over gasoline no problem.

I will be working with all kinds of set ups, want to tune a larger twin turbo system, maybe twin disco potatoes or something or a nice single turbo manifold and see how that will run. I see a lot of stuff in the 02 sensor balancing and I could turn some of the balancing or adaptation completely off, but I think the easiest way to do it is to just run the two front 02 sensors pre turbine so you can keep the pick up of each bank seperate and allow it to do its balancing like normal.

I think a 550whp to 600whp car would be enough for this car, you would never be able to hook it up much more anyway. The tunes are running very well so far, lots of data logging on the road and dyno runs and I just got access to more descriptions in a new a2l. I would like to see how it will do on full E85, have run WM before and it was a pain to keep that system tuned and maintained and I personally have gotten better power out of E85 than I did with meth injection, but never did try both, did not feel it was needed, ran a buttload of timing with E85 and the torque was insane !

Should be a lot of fun, loving the potential of this N54 set up !

JZW
Appreciate 0